4. MALIBU – Californian resort. Anagram (distributed) of ALBUM around one (I).
7. ENTANGLE – intertwine. Anagram (loose) of NET and fish (ANGLE).
8. REMARK – comment. About (RE), brand (MARK).
9. CARDINAL – church dignitary. Vehicle (CAR), noise (DIN), starts to (A)nnoy (L)ocal.
10. ACER – maple tree. Recalled recreation ground – rec backwards (CER) with a (A).
12. ANNOUNCE – make a declaration. Woman (ANN) with little weight (OUNCE).
15. TRANSEPT – part of church. Anagram (unusual) of PATTERN covering southern (S).
18. IDEA – plan. Almost perfect (IDEA)l.
20. ILL-FATED – unlucky. One (I), guided (LED) round an anagram (wrong) of FLAT.
22. AVOCET – wading bird. Rejecting company – co backwards (OC) inside (protected by) an animal doctor (A VET).
23. OINTMENT – lubricant. Old (O), international (INT), homophone (to be heard) of intended – meant.
24. GLIDER – aircraft. Eye covering (LID) inside front half of (GER)man.
1. INCA – old South American. At home (IN) with accountant (CA).
2. MANDARIN – may be used in foreign exchange. Chap (MAN) with an anagram (odd) of DINAR.
3. AGENDA – business schedule. After a long time (AGE) an anagram (arranged) of DAN.
4. MERLIN – legendary magician. In sum(MER LIN)e-up.
5. LAMP – it illuminates. Large (L), electronic equipment (AMP).
6. BARBECUE – culinary gathering. Pub (BAR), worker maybe (BEE) circulating (going round) copper (CU).
11. CARNIVAL – festive occasion. Coach – eg railway (CAR), anagram (strangely) of IVAN, left (L).
13. NAP – rest. Cooking utensil – pan – upside down (NAP).
14. UP IN ARMS – angry. (U)ltras, nail (PIN), bombs perhaps (ARMS).
16. EDITOR – newspaper boss. Anagram (altered) of DIET, as an alternative (OR).
17. TALENT – special gift. Much appreciated (TA), days before Easter (LENT).
19. ICED – covered with sugar. K(I)t(C)h(E)n – at regular intervals, daughter (D).
21. ETNA – volcano. European (E), insect – ant – going up (TNA).